-10-

~February 2019~

My friend Hannah told a spooky story about an urban Japanese legend. It was about a farmer named Bob and a Boohag named Jenny. The story is very eerie and could be written into a very beautiful piece. I will only write the beginning so in the future I can make a post telling the story in its entirety. So without further ado here is Bob and the Boohag.

Bob and the Boohag

An urban Japanese legend.

One day a farmer named Bob opened his blind and thought to himself, “I need a wife.”. This was not very odd as seeing Bob was a young-ish man, he was freshly twenty-seven years of age. After that day he finished his farm work, went to go make dinner and realized he needed onions and carrots for his roast. So Bob got all dresses up and went to the only store in town. When Bob was at the supermarket, out the corner of his eye he saw the most beautiful woman ever. She was tall, but not too tall, had long shiny brown hair, dazzling bright green eyes, and the most beautiful smile he ever saw. He went up to talk to her because he felt compelled to her, like a piece of metal pulled to by a magnet. Finally, Bob worked up enough courage and asked the stunning girl her name. She said, “My name is Jennifer but all of my friends call me Jenny.”

This next inspiration is from my journal. On Valentine’s Day, we were talking about the rots of valentines day and how Saint Valentines was not the most lovable person. One saying said that class was Love and beheadings. I had this thought about that this could be a cool story about an innocent girl falling in love with a serial killer. Here is a snippet of the story I hope to turn into a full short story with an end.

4:29a.m My alarm clock reads. “Why can’t I ever fall asleep at a reasonable time?” I say to myself. Since I only have thirty minutes to get ready I get up anyway and head to my bathroom. I turn on the shower, I test out the water and feel the scorching water hit my hand and hop in. I feel the water drip down my face like it is melting wax from a candlestick. When I finish I brush my teeth and wash my face. The hardwood floor creaks as I tip-toe back to my room. I sit down at my vanity, still in my wet towel and I do my makeup. After I stare at my closet for what seems like an eternity and eventually pick out the same plain charcoal grey sweater and black ripped jeans, with my black and white checkered Vans. My hair gets tossed into a messy bun, I grab my backpack and head downstairs. I find my mom making coffee and she turns on the news. “Breaking News, a serial killer is on the loose. He is in the Southeast area so everyone stays safe.”, the T.V reports say from our television. My mom asks if I’ll be okay and I ensure her I will be okay. I grab a warm blueberry muffin and head out for the school bus.

~March 2019~

This month is when my mother was born, March 25 to be exact. She is one of my biggest role models. I love her with my whole heart and can’t express how much I appreciate all that she has done for me. So I wrote this short poem for her to know how much she means to me.

Mom

The best chef you know,

Your only friend when you can’t trust anybody but her with your secrets,

Your personal chauffeur that takes you anywhere,

The person who gave you life.

Mom

My best friend.

One true love.

My favorite person.

I really love you.

Another huge inspiration this month was the four-leafed clovers. The clovers are very difficult to find, you have a 1/10,000 chance of finding one. Clovers are most popular in March because of Saint Patrick’s day. That was my grandmas Birthday before she passed away. I always look to find a clover to keep her spirit alive. When I was younger we would always go to a field and look for a four-leafed clover and I never did. I keep the tradition alive by going out to find them in a field every year.

I know I didn’t have a ton of inspirations but I was really sick this month and was trying to recover.

~April 2019~

This month we saw One Act plays in class, Any Night and Dreamspyre. I was really inspired by these stories. A cool short story could be written about the play, Any Night. Elissa and Jed, the actors did an incredible job portraying the characters. The story is about a girl, Anna who has a sleepwalking condition, and the boy Patrick, who has been watching Anna. In the end, it gets really intense and I want to be able to write a story as captivating as they acted out the script. 

Another inspiration I had this month was when I went camping over Easter. This story came to me, there is a girl in the woods camping and she gets lost and has to figure out a way to get help. She has no cell service, no clean water, and no fire.

Here is what I have so far!

6:28pm, my phone read. I have no idea where I have trailed off to. I was just going to find the outhouses but it feels like I have been gone for more than the fifteen minutes I said I would be gone for. Looking back the trail seems so foreign but so similar. I keep taking a left turn then a right turn. It is getting dark and I can’t find the campsite. I grab my phone to call for help and I have no cell service. I get the ‘10% battery’ warning and I officially start to freak out. A few trees in front of me I hear the growling of what seems to be a large animal. 

That is all the inspirations I have for April!

~May/June~

My first inspiration for this month was Jade Bartlett. She is an incredible writer. She truly inspires me to write better poetry, and just be better. She has such strong opinions, her writing is beautiful and always stays true to her opinions. She came into our class this month and shared some of her poetry. It really inspired me to write more free verse poems. Such as my Boys will be Boys poem.

My next inspiration this month was a class act I saw on class act night. It was written by Rosalia, a grade 11 student. It was called, To Domesticate the Songbird (I am pretty sure, or at least something similar) the play was really cool. It was about a mother who is crazy and a father who is very calm and doesn’t think his wife is crazy. In the end, the mother drowns her two kids and take a gun from her husband and shoots herself. It was very cool and the way she and her stage partner blocked the play was very interesting. The storyline would make a really cool poem, or short story and I hope to create one with a similar storyline.

That was all my inspirations this month.

print