-10-

Hello, Howdy, Aloha, Greetings and Salutations. My name is Camdyn Faith, and this is my blog! I chose the name Meliorism for my blog because the word means “the world can be made better by human effort”. I feel that if we can make the world better by not being ignorant and changing how we live. I chose the quote “Paradise isn’t a place it’s a feeling.” -L. Boyer for the opening quote because,if you have the right people in your life, you won’t have to find the perfect place; you will be craving that feeling of  happiness and perfection when you are not with that person. Reading helps me savor that concept of love and satisfactions correlated with love stories. What do I want to accomplish with my blog? Well I want to be able to put down my feelings and help people who might be experiencing the same problems to let them know that they are never –and will never be– alone. It hurts to feel like you are alone and in a cycle of constantly suffering, being the youngest of five children I never had any sibling or good friend to talk to and rely on to talk about my personal issues and felt alone 8/10 times. To help you get a better understanding about myself here is an “I am” poem.

I am Camdyn Faith.

I am a lost soul trying to find my place in this crazy world.

I wonder why I am here and what my purpose in life is.

I hear the thumping of my heart like an hourglass with sand running through the cracks in between my fingers signalling my time here is short.

I see all of the millions of imperfections whenever I catch a glimpse of myself in a reflective surface.

I want to be a inspiration to many, to be somebody that can give hope to little girl and boys. A person that is not just an inspiration but is inspired every day.

I pretend to be the strong friend when really I am crumbling under the pressures of my own life, ready to come crashing down even by the slightest breeze of wind.

I feel like I will never be good enough for society and that I have to constantly change to please everyone.

I touch a journal and spill my words onto it just like I dropped it into a vat of oil.

I worry I will be criticized everyday and won’t know why; but I will try to do everything in my power to get everyone to like me, even though I know that I do not have to please everyone– I only have to please myself.

I cry when I have too many emotions bottled up inside of me like ingredients in a witch’s cottage waiting to be brewed into a magical potion.

I understand that I won’t be the ideal person because everyone has a different definition about what is perfect.

I say, “try again” because when fail, it should give me motivation to keep trying, so I’m constantly improving with every action moving forward.

I dream that one day I will be satisfied by how I left my mark on the world. And that the people that are in my life live with no regrets. That my children and grandchildren will be able to live freely in this world. I dream about so much, I couldn’t possibly put it down on paper.

I try to put on a brave face everyday so the people in my life aren’t scared away by the broken girl; I am a tower, precisely pieced together, ready to crash and burn if a piece were fall out of place.

I hope one day my soul can rest–that I will have peace with the world. I hope I am able to make something of myself and will not be just another nobody trying to make it through the harsh and cruel world.

I am Camdyn Faith.

waiting for death gif▸ https://giphy.com/gifs/cry-alone-death-MLFLzuFc5MInK

header image▸ https://cellcode.us/quotes/tumblr-wallpaper-and-marble-white-print-black.html

print

6 thoughts on “-10-

1. Dear Camdyn,
    I really enjoyed your writing especially the dark tone that it holds . I also liked the use of metaphors it really added to the description in your piece. My favorite line in this was “I hear the thumping of my heart like an hourglass with sand running through the cracks in between my fingers signalling my time here is short.” The description in this line really shows me what you are capable of as a writer.

I feel that if you made this a little more longer in length it can be improved further. Also I would say you should go back and look at a couple of gumps and flow mistakes.

Can’t wait to see what else you create on your blog 😉
    Sincerely Aliza

1. Aliza,
      Thank you for commenting on my About Me! I am glad that you like my dark tone, there will be more dark posts in the future! being a new writer having a experienced writer leave a comment mean so much!
      Thanks,
      Camdyn <3

2. Dear Camdyn,

That was beautiful! I like the very jovial beginning which gives me a clear picture of your personality right off the bat! The words you used meshed together in a very harmonious bundle which made it fun to read! I particularly enjoyed the line “I hear the thumping of my heart like an hourglass with sand running through the cracks in between my fingers signalling my time here is short.” It reminded me of a book I was reading- “Everless” by Sara Holland- since it has a concept of time which is the most prominent theme in the novel.

A tiny area for improvement is to possibly elaborate further on some of your favorite points form your poem. I found it very well done so if you went into more extensive details about one or two points that would be great. I say this because it was so good I want more!

I find your GIF for your feature image interesting, why did you specifically choose that one? Thank you for the lots of imagery in your piece of writing! I can’t wait to read more about who you are by what you choose to write in your blog!

Sincerely, Simran C.

1. Simran,
      Thank you for your comment it means so much for my work to be noticed. I chose that particular GIF because I thought it was interesting and in reality we are all waiting for death. We just have to live our lives and wait for death.
      Once again, thank you so much!
      Camdyn <3

3. Dear Camdyn,

I really enjoyed reading this piece and seeing a different side of you. Your word choice is wonderful and I loved how you placed them perfectly creating perfect sentences. I found out a lot about you via this About Me. I’m sure that if people didn’t know you at all, you would created fantastic imagery in their mind with your words. The poem you wrote was really good and I really enjoyed every second of it. “I understand that I won’t be the ideal person because everyone has a different definition about what is perfect.” I thought that was an amazing line.

One thing that was prominent for me was some minor spelling and grammar mistakes. For example: “I chose the name Paper Hearts for my blog IS because I love to read” or “quote because,if you have the right people in your life”. Not including a space or something else is very small, but it could throw the reader off. Maybe try reading it to yourself before posting it a few times.

I am very excited to see your work in the future and watch you grow!

Sincerely,
    Tina

1. Tina,
      Thank you so much for the feedback! I struggle with grammar but will try to get better at it in the future.
      Thank you again!
      Camdyn <3